Inspection of Incoming Materials
All purchased products that are incorporated into Plastec final products are subject to a detailed technical Quality Control (Q.C.) inspection. Material certifications are kept on file for all incoming shipments of thermoplastic resins.
New Part Qualification
Before a new part can be released to production, it goes through a qualification process that varies in intensity depending on customer requirements, engineering complexity and quality constraints. The qualification methods may include some or all of the following:
- First Article Inspection
- Process Capability Study
- Pre-production runs to produce a limited number of samples
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- ECN Release to Production after customer approval
Production Monitoring & Verification
Throughout the production cycle, plastic injected molded components and assemblies are checked to verify their compliance with all required specifications. Typical verification and inspection processes include dimensional, functional and/or destructive tests.
Measurement & Testing
Our Inspection Lab ( 3rd party)features state-of-the-art equipment to ensure compliance with the most demanding part and assembly specifications and tolerances:
- Brown & Sharp Microval Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) with Quadra-Check? 3D software
- OGP Optical Comparator with Smart Edge Detection
- Additional standard measuring/testing devices such as calipers, micrometers, thread & height gages, surface plates, etc.
Monitoring of the Quality System
To ensure compliance and continual improvement, our quality assurance system is monitored through a variety of techniques, as appropriate for a particular process and its importance. These include:
- Conducting internal audits of the quality system
- Monitoring trends in corrective and preventive action requests
- Analyzing product conformity and other quality performance data and trends
- Measuring and monitoring customer satisfaction through periodic surveys